Ready Steady Therapy is a mobile physiotherapy service so we come to you. Therapy is in the home or pre-school/school setting, whatever is right for you. We are a team of experienced Physiotherapists who work predominantly with children who have NDIS funding. We are used to adapting to different home environments but we will need an area free of clutter for the physiotherapy assessment and treatment. We bring what we need for physio to you but if you have your child’s favourite toys or any equipment you have to hand that can be used too.
Types of NDIS Plan
Ready Steady Therapy work with children who have a NDIS Plan which is either Plan Managed or Self-Managed. We are not a registered NDIS provider and therefore we cannot work with children who’s planned and NDIA managed.
Typically we offer weekly or fortnightly sessions for children who have NDIS funding but this does vary dependent on the need of the child. Prior to your appointment have a think about how frequently you think your child needs physiotherapy as this will be discussed at your child’s initial physiotherapy appointment.
The initial Physiotherapy appointment is 90 minutes this allows time for information gathering, discussion and assessment. Prior to your child’s initial appointment we will send you a pre-assessment questionnaire which helps us understand your child’s need better before the appointment.
An initial appointment will go something like this:
- We will ask some questions about your child’s physical skills, their development and health during the beginning part of the session. This allows us to understand what’s working for your child and what you have tried in the past.
- We will discuss your child’s goals and any concerns you may have with their physical skills.
- Then we will move onto an assessment of your child’s gross motor skills, body movements, muscle power and joint range of movement. This helps us to analyse their skills and identify areas that they may need work on.
- Towards the end of the session we discuss this assessment with you and provide you with some strategies to further support your child’s development or physical skills.
- This usually takes 75 minutes. The appointment is 90 minutes as we require time to write up the assessment for our physiotherapy records.
Following appointments will be 60 minutes in length and will be targeted at helping your child achieve their NDIS and Physio goals. Often we will work on similar activities for a few weeks as this helps your child to learn these new skills and build strength in these areas. We will ask you to practise some of the activities outside of physio as this helps your child to progress.
All sessions are 60 minutes in duration and as Ready Steady Therapy is a mobile physiotherapy service there is a travel charge which is in accordance with the NDIS price guide.
Our experienced Physiotherapist’s will be able to write your child a physiotherapy report at the time of their NDIS review to help support your application for NDIS funding. We ask you give us at least 4 weeks notice prior to your child’s NDIS plan review as this will give us enough time to write the report, complete any required assessments and source any quotes for equipment.
We do not write a physiotherapy report following your initial assessment unless requested or required for your NDIS review.